Strongy’s is not a typical parasite, and hittin’ it with a little diatomacious earth or pumpkin seeds is not gonna touch it. These guys burrow into small intestinal wall, they self-populate, they hang out in lungs and other organs, move through skin… and only two or three meds have been identified as killing them. -Lori
As weak and ill as I’ve been for so many years, it always seemed incredible to me that I didn’t have parasites. In fact, in my 20s I knew something was wrong and my first thought was that I might’ve picked up some bug during my family’s foreign travels. My parents tell me that I was very sick in Yugoslavia. They say they were even contemplating cutting our trip short to return to the US.
And I remember a very intense illness in Tunisia when I was 12 which started with immediate vomiting after drinking a cup of tea… as in, I don’t think I even put the cup down before I started vomiting.
My parents traveled with me when I was a baby in Mexico, and later when I was four years old, we traveled in northern Africa, Corsica, and Yugoslavia. So, for that reason I went to an infectious disease specialist who did some blood tests — and told me I was fine.
Then in Florida I did stool testing which showed I had Blastocystis hominis and I did two separate treatments of very intense antiparasitics which included Nitazoxanide (Alinia) and Metronidazole (Flagyl). Those treatments were so harsh, I was in the densest fog I’ve ever experienced for several weeks and I’m not sure my brain ever recovered fully. Never felt any benefits from the treatment at all. Just FYI, this is a bug which seems to ruin some people’s lives and not affect others at all and is famous for being difficult to eradicate.
Next in 2007, I had extensive blood testing by Dr. Galland in New York which included Lyme and a number of other pathogens which were all negative. But he did not include the Strongyloides, IgG antibody test which I just had done. Yes, it came back positive.
While we’re on the topic of MDs, my current doctor says that nobody gets osteoporosis at my age without having leaky gut (a consequence of parasites) for more than a decade. However, I did have my gut permeability measured years ago and it was not out of range. Furthermore, I believe osteoporosis could be a result of mercury toxicity.
So fast forward to my current detox / cleansing efforts… As a result of my liver flush reading, I got interested in Hulda Clark and read her book which led to me buying a zapper. Really, I didn’t expect it to do anything at all, but I did feel fatigue (extra) after zapping and seemed to sleep more deeply as a result.
I stopped using the zapper, though, because I felt like I could only get a really good zap by using salt water and wet paper towels on my wrists, but then I ended up with electrical burns. And truth be told, it’s quite a hassle to do.
During my liver flushes and colon cleansing efforts, I really did expect to see worms coming out. This is partly because I joined several Facebook groups such as Bottoms Up, Steve’s Images, CD Health and Rope Worm. Reading those posts and looking at the images you’d think there wasn’t a person on earth with a chronic illness whose body wasn’t teeming with parasites. Really a lot of the pictures are shocking and unbelievable.
So after that, I figured it’s a sure thing I have parasites, but mine must be the microscopic sort. Sometimes I was envious because it seems that people with visible parasites have a really clear and reliable path to healing.
As sensitive as I am to ozone therapy, I’ve got to be riddled with pathogens of some sort! Here’s how sensitive I am: I do daily ear insufflation and I’m up to just over six minutes. If I hold steady, I’m reasonably good meaning I’ve worked out ways to compensate for all of my limitations and I can get through the day without any serious meltdowns.
But if I increase my insufflation by five seconds, I’m going to have a hard day. If I increase by 15 seconds, I’m really gonna struggle. And if I increase by one minute, I’m totally unproductive from 2 or 3 PM on, as in incapable of working.
So that brings me to Strongyloides – as luck would have it, it’s not one of those slamdunk diagnoses where a quick treatment typically results in a miraculous recovery. First of all, many people live with it for decades without symptoms. Here’s what I’ve turned up so far that seems interesting:
- it’s a nematode or roundworm – males reach .9 mm and females up to 2.5 mm
- possibly very low communicability as one study showed that none of the wives married to husbands with it, picked it up after years of living together
- can cause leaky get syndrome
- you can pick it up walking barefoot or digging in the dirt because the worms pass through your skin
- some say it’s the hardest worm to eradicate
- normally it lives in the intestines but can disseminate to other parts of the body including the lungs and when this happens 90% of cases are fatal (this can be triggered by steroids)
- all horses may have strongyloides
- in Saudi Arabia they use ozone to kill Strongyloides in the water supply
- on curezone, they say veterinarians are the only ones that really know how to treat Strongyloides and you need a three stage protocol which is not quick.
- From Wikipedia: “The drug of choice for the treatment of uncomplicated strongyloidiasis is ivermectin” and “Other drugs that are effective are albendazole and thiabendazole…” – of course Wikipedia will not mention fenben (even if it’s helping a lot of humans) because it’s used mostly for horses, goats, dogs, cats, fish etc.
- most MDs probably think you have to go to an exotic country to pick it up, but it’s probably very common in the US now
Given my history, I’m very very unsure about taking antiparasitics again (in this case, fenbendazole, ivermectin and albendazole) so I’m really not sure what to do… And that’s why I’m writing this! I’m tempted to just keep going with ozone because it kills everything, all pathogens including fungus, and even breaks down toxic chemicals.
Last tidbit: fenben is commonly used to treat horses and there are quite a few people in a Facebook group I belong to who have cured themselves of long-standing chronic illness by taking it.
What do you think?
Would you believe it was one of my blog readers who suggested I get tested for strongyloides? She was also just diagnosed and also finds the landscape bewildering. Some MDs say you only need two single doses to eliminate strongyloides… I told her that I tend to put more stock in what I read on cure zone.