I finished my third chelation round yesterday evening and just took my fourth sauna in a row (one each day). Here’s what I’ve noticed:
- While chelating, I get some very slight headaches occasionally where the pain is located in the middle of the head a little to the rear. I notice because I don’t normally get headaches except when I take too much vitamin D. My vitamin D headaches are always right between the eyes very close to the bridge of the nose.
- On Monday morning when I start my round, I feel a little accelerated and think I’m more active than usual that day. Then as the week wears on, I lose that feeling of acceleration and feel progressively more tired probably from waking at night.
- I’ve had very vivid dreams which is extremely unusual for me. Clearly related to chelation and probably to the DMSA because the first night that it happened I was not using ALA. The same is true for the headaches; they first happened when I was not using ALA.
- I’ve had unusual pains in random places such as foot and abdomen. Sharp pains as if someone were poking me with a pencil point. They don’t last long and don’t bother me very much, but they are odd and I’ve never had them before.
- As I get closer to each three-hour dose, I’m feeling more fatigued. However, that may just be an artifact of the timing I chose (because I always feel fatigued two hours after a meal or sooner). My doses are at 8 AM, 11 AM, 2 PM, 5 PM, 8 PM, 11 PM, 2 AM, 5 AM.
- I chewed up an ALA and it tastes very bad, kind of like you and would imagine an acid to taste!
- I look forward to the start of the next round and am thinking about increasing my dosages.
- I have heat intolerance and expected the sauna to be extremely traumatic as a consequence. However, the sauna has been tolerable probably because I’m at rest whereas my typical experience with heat would be outside in the sun, hiking. I’m very tired and slow the rest of the day, but it is sort of a pleasant kind of tired.
- Preheating the sauna to 100°F and getting out in 30 minutes at around 110°F allows me to work up a good sweat.
- It helps me feel like I’m being proactive and doing everything I can to detoxify.
- My energy levels crashed over the next three days while I was “off round” and I will try limiting the sauna used to once per week probably off-round.
- I don’t like all the cables and electricity involved with the DIY approach. Wish I had a real sauna in my house.
- I’ve started alkalizing my urine using 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda with the juice of one lemon and a cup of water, which I drink half in the morning and half in the afternoon. It’s getting the job done.
- I don’t like adding so many new supplements all at once. It goes against painful lessons I learned in the past, but in this case, so far so good.
Round 3 (2.5 days) – 50 mg DMSA, 50 mg ALA every 3 hours, total chelation days to date: 8.5
- Monday, April 1: forgot to set alarm and went 5.5 hours between doses, kept going
- Tuesday, April 2: first sauna, added potassium, started lemon with baking soda
- Wednesday, April 3: second sauna
- Thursday, April 4 (off): EO, nap, sauna, exhausted