My first attempt at charting temperatures was completely botched. It seems that my temperature readings were being affected by mouth-breathing previous to using the thermometer and by drinking water or brushing teeth. I’m being more careful now and this chart is accurate. I’m getting more data as well by using Excel to keep track of the time of day of each measure. My temperatures have risen along with my increases in iodine.
A little background – my temps have been low since I first checked them 12 years ago. Recently, a naturopath told me I would never sleep well until my thyroid was functioning properly and I was about to start using thyroid hormone when I learned about iodine on Tara’s blog. So, I started titrating up from about 6 mg Iodoral in April. I also started using it topically (for good measure) so in reality I get more iodine than shown in the graph. Just in the space of the graph that you see here, my temperature started rising. I did also double my Selenium to 400 mcgs around June 1 and I am taking all of the cofactors mentioned on CureZone.