[T]he first time I increased my dose frequency (round 5), I went from 8 doses to 10 doses per 24 hours. I should have reduced my dose amounts (but didn’t do my research) and got into trouble. In round 15, I went from 8 doses per 24 hours to 9 doses and increased my dose amount a little bit, and it all worked out fairly well. The way to calculate your dosage when you increase frequency is to base your dosage comparison on the cumulative amount of chelator used in 24 hours.
So for example, in round 14 I was taking 400 mg of ALA per day and in round 15 I took 540 mg of ALA per day. To be safe, I reduced my DMSA to 225 mg per day from 400 mg. Turned out to be very wise to play it safe with the DMSA reduction because round 15 was uncomfortable. I did have a substantial headache for about 12 hours on the first day and slow thinking/confusion every afternoon thereafter.
Still, that’s probably just right for an increase round because in my experience, each round gets easier when the dosage is held constant.
I’m trying to pay a lot of attention to the way the round evolves from day to day because I want to understand how to find the sweet spot. While chelating I’ve had rounds where I felt better and better as the days wore on and some glimpses of euphoria and periods of high energy, so I really want to find a way to maximize those periods! I suspect it may not be possible to maintain if it is a passing phase somewhere in between a dose increase and adaptation.
I’m still in the middle of adding methylation supports and increasing amounts of existing supplements so it is also difficult for me to separate the chelation effects from the support supplements…
I’ve become convinced of two important factors:
- ALA has some kind of cumulative energy boosting effect on me which makes it harder and harder to sleep well as the round days go by – probably a result of its role in methylation.
- Omega-3 oils are the missing link in my Krebs cycle dysfunction.
These are my round notes – though not too exciting:
Round 15 (7 days) – 25 mg DMSA, 60 mg ALA every 2.5 hours, total chelation days to date: 63
- Monday, August 5: started round at 5 AM and got normal first day headache starting around noon.
- Tuesday, August 6: slow thinking/mild confusion in the afternoon, woke before alarm from heartburn.
- Wednesday, August 7: some intermittent feelings of well-being, slow thinking/mild confusion in the afternoon, slight headache after being late on a dose 15 minutes, woke before alarm from heartburn.
- Thursday, August 8: added 250 mg TMG at early-dinner, slow thinking/mild confusion in the afternoon, mild headaches on and off, very hungry in the afternoon on, a little bit of heartburn when first nighttime alarm rang.
- Friday, August 9: increased fish oil by 63 mg of omega-3, added 250 mg of TMG for a total of 1000 split between lunch and breakfast, some anxiety in the morning around 930 AM, slow thinking/mild confusion in the afternoon, very warm at bedtime and headache.
- Saturday, August 10: added 1 mg ADB12, added 250 mcg mb12 for a total of 1.5 mg, feeling better today, fewer headaches, slow thinking/mild confusion in the afternoon, warm at bedtime and a little too much energy, teeth chattering – difficulty falling asleep.
- Sunday, August 11: no headaches, feeling better than expected in the afternoon, even had thoughts of continuing the round.
- Monday, August 12: slow thinking/mild confusion in the afternoon