I wanted to do a relatively easy round again to focus on methylation and chelation supporting supplements. So I went back to my starting place and used 50 mg DMSA and 50 mg ALA every three hours. It worked out pretty well. The one chelation related change I made was to extend my round from 63 hours to 66 hours. I did this by adding a 5 AM dose on my first day (Monday) thinking that this was the easiest way to increase the length without affecting my sleep much. It worked.
Biggest news of the week – I was able to increase my mb12 by adding 1/8 tablet in the afternoon without experiencing any additional lightheadedness which is about 80% down from its peak. In fact, it gave me a little boost and I feel like I’m on the right track again.
One other interesting development – I’m starting to feel reasonably well on Wednesday afternoons towards the end of my rounds. This has happened two weeks in a row now. Initially, I was dragging terribly towards the end of my rounds.
Saturday, I gave myself a big test of my tolerance and endurance by horseback riding – I rode with my daughter at 10 AM in bright sun and significant heat (Chester at right). Used D-Ribose for the first time, 4 of the 750 mg capsules before and during the ride. Also increased my cortisol to 10 pellets, six of which I took prior to riding (spread out from waking).
Got through the ride pretty well – even cantering a little at the end on the lunge-line, but, was worn down to near empty after the ride. Two hours in the heat and sun with 40 minutes on the horse was a knockout punch which left me crashed for about seven hours. Next time I will bring ice and try a headband icepack, should make a big difference. Even with the crash, doing something ‘normal’ people do, restores my sanity and the joy of riding lifts my spirits for a long time.
My notes from the week:
Round 10 (2.5 days) – 50 mg DMSA, 50 mg ALA every 3 hours (back where I started), total chelation days to date: 26
- Monday, May 20: woke at 5 AM for the first time on day one to extend my round for three hours without impacting my sleep too much. added an additional 1/8 vitamin C and 1/8 teaspoon magnesium. No headache but considerable fatigue from busy weekend, poor sleep and possibly from increased magnesium.
- Tuesday, May 21: mostly smooth ride, fairly active, needed nap, exhausted in the evening.
- Wednesday, May 22: mostly smooth ride, fairly active, needed nap, exhausted in the evening. woke up with pins and needles around my torso the next morning (of my first off around day).
- Extended round by 3 hours by waking at 5 am on Mon for first dose.
- 5 am, 8 am, 11am, 2 pm, 5 pm, 8 pm, 11 pm, 2 am etc for 22 total doses.
- Added 1 g lysine and 3 g arginine on Friday, tried to double that on Saturday but morning dose was too heavy – felt a little dizzy and nauseous.