Round 29 (12 days) – 1.5 mg DMPS x 3 for 6 days and 3 mg DMPS x 3 for 6 days
- July 3rd-14th
- fatigue heaviest during first three days and again after increasing dose (I increased it accidentally)
- fatigue always heaviest when it’s time to take my next dose
- dry eyes
- very emotional at times
- feeling generally crappy at the end, hard to pin down exactly what was bothering me, but I was very uncomfortable
Round 28 (5.5 days) – 25 mg ALA, 25 mg DMSA every 3 hours, total chelation days to date: 116
- Friday, May 9: started this round spontaneously after receiving my one-year follow-up hair test, increased molybdenum by 2 g, increased boron by 3 mg, started taking 5 mg lithium daily instead of weekly, mild headache, slow mentally, emotional, accelerated, warm.
- Saturday, May 10: no nap, mild headache, slow, feeling crappy in evening, warm at bedtime
- Sunday, May 11: feeling quite a bit better today at times
- Monday, May 12:
- Tuesday, May 13:
- Wednesday, May 14:
- Thursday, May 15 (redistribution): slow and fatigued but functional.
Round 27 (3.5 days) – 50 mg ALA every 3 hours, total chelation days to date: 112.5
- Monday, April 21: energy surge all day, no need for nap, eyes less dry, happier, wiped out an evening, stomachache and evening, should do 25 mg ALA next time
- Tuesday, April 22: wiped out after lunch meeting, unable to nap, momentary headaches during the lunch meeting, second night in a row with stomachache in evening, wiped out at bedtime, destroyed, warm in the evening, some anger.
- Wednesday, April 23: 15 minute nap, feeling much better in evening today, almost no cramping, very mild headache around 7 PM
- Thursday, April 24: unable to nap, headache in evening at bedtime, fatigued but functional all day, extra hungry, lots of gas, last dose at 5 PM
- Friday, April 25 (first day off round): very fatigued, dry lips, unable to nap
Round 26 (3.5 days) – 6 mg DMPS every 8 hours, total chelation days to date: 109.5
- Sunday, April 13: slow and fatigue in the afternoon, clumsy, mild frontal pressure almost headache, warming evening, 25 minute nap
- Monday, April 14:fatigue from poor sleep, less headache and eyes less dry than previous round, not as yucky feeling today is yesterday, not as slow or confused
- Tuesday, April 15: less fatigued after lunch than day before, a bit more headache in the afternoon and evening but still mild, some cramping, warm in evening
- Wednesday, April 16: all side effects fading but still present, 15 minute nap, slow to fall asleep, less nap needed.
- Thursday, April 17: first whole day off round – feeling better but still a little fatigued, eyes still dry, 5 minute nap – slow to fall asleep
Round 25 (2 days) – 12.5 mg DMPS every 8 hours, total chelation days to date: 106
- Sunday, March 30: very dry eyes again like round 24 but no headache, too much fatigue after dinner probably from the little bit of exercise I did, brain sharp after hydrocortisone boost (increased 5 mg at 6 PM), muscles still cramping
- Monday, March 31: 25 minute nap, heavy fatigue today, very dry eyes, legs and butt still cramping
- Tuesday April 1: first day off round – still cramping, 25 minute nap, fatigued most of day, eyes no longer bloodshot from dryness
Round 24 (7 days) – 12.5 mg DMPS every 8 hours, total chelation days to date: 104
- Sunday, March 16: started out with 25 mg DM PS every six hours, a little more energy, a little less hunger, a little slow and apathetic in the afternoon, a little headache, and a little sleepy at times.
- Monday, March 17:stopped taking P5P, added Garden of Life probiotics, after doing lots of errands and getting some sunshine I ended up with the frontal headache which turned out to be a migraine – so I took two magnesium threonines. I also accidentally doubled up my sunflower lecithin taking my lunch and dinner doses together at dinner. some depression and irritability. The headache could’ve come from the sunshine or the larger dose of lecithin. Researching the DMPS, it seems many people get migraines from it.
- Tuesday, March 18: migraine all day with some relief in the evening, noticed that I had stopped taking pantethine and restarted, started B6 (same 250 mg to replace P-5-P), increased vitamin B2 by 50 mg to 100 mg, took 3 to 4 capsules of threonine, increased magnesium glycinate by 100 mg, changed the DMPS to 12.5 mg every eight hours
- Wednesday, March 19: migraine gone, replaced by thrombosed hemorrhoid! Increased magnesium glycinate by 300 mg, less brain fog after dinner than usual.
- Thursday, March 20: reduced omega 3 by 1280 mg, one I extremely bloodshot, very tired in evening maybe effect of reduced fish oil.
- Friday, March 21: increased fish oil back up. still significantly less brain fog than usual but don’t know what from.
- Saturday, March 22: very depleted after lunch after skipping nap, blood pressure very low, took an additional 5 mg hydrocortisone, frontal headache in early evening, took two threonine and two Motrin, some depression and black thinking, warm at bedtime, increased magnesium glycinate bedtime by 200 mg. Ended round with last DMPS dose at 3 PM.
- Sunday, March 23: redistribution – low blood pressure, slow and weak most of the day but better in the evening, very warm in the evening and frontal headache probably from methylation.
Round 23 (3.5 days) – 37.5 mg ALA and 50 mg DMSA every two hours, total chelation days to date: 97
- Wednesday, February 26: one short lived sharp pain in the side in the morning, good energy and some mild euphoria in the morning, deep 20 minute nap after lunch, slow and dumb as usual all afternoon, no headache at all in the evening, very dry swollen lips in the evening
- Thursday, February 27: touch of depression (maybe circumstantial), confusion/brain fog started earlier today, maybe around 11 AM…, difficulty working, hands sore, very warm in the evening and slept poorly waking before the alarms (probably methylation).
- Friday, February 28: brain fog starting even earlier today, maybe from a stressful morning, stayed active though, 45 minute nap after lunch, better than yesterday in the afternoon as a result, hands sore and tight, fatigued and feeling worn down in the evening, ears ringing a little, overemotional, wiped out in the evening, warm in the evening, very dry lips, less cramping, bloated, dull headache at bedtime of the sort I usually get when increasing methylation and being very active at the same time.
- Saturday, March 1: more of the same, brain fog starting early, 20 minute nap after lunch, rough shape in the afternoon, strong fatigue in the evening, overemotional, dry lips, rain fog, last dose of 5 PM.
- Sunday, March 2: redistribution day – slow and fatigued.
Round 22 (4.5 days) – 75 mg ALA every two hours, total chelation days to date: 93.5
- Saturday, February 8: this is an increase of 15 mg, a large jump for me, started at 9 AM, no energy surge but also no increase in fatigue. By two or 3 PM strong confusion / IQ drop and memory impairment – extremely slow mentally and pressure in the head but no headache. Sinuses also affected, hard to describe how, but something funny going on as if I had a cold maybe. Very common side effect. Lips are a little swollen and dry but not as bad as in my last round with DMSA.
- Sunday, February 9: very depleted at 3 PM, voice even cracking and raspy, very irritable today but overall much better than yesterday – brain much more functional again, napped, some mild lower abdomen pain yesterday and today, mild frontal pressure at times, slept poorly waking before each alarm during the night.
- Monday, February 10: two sets of stairs and three sets of 30 jumping jacks gave me brain fog right afterwards, mild headache on and off today, cramping and lower back, dry lips and hands, hard day, very fatigued but unable to nap, slept deeply at night.
- Tuesday, February 11: woke up feeling far better, like the storm had broken, but I had to take the car to the shop and walk home, then walk back to pick it up later and I think the exercise was too much for me because by evening I felt destroyed with a steady mild headache and was thinking of quitting the round. At bed time I was feeling better again and decided to keep going, thinking it was just the exercise that pushed me over the edge.
- Wednesday, February 12: feeling better again in the morning but still feel the accumulated fatigue. This round probably won’t last much longer… still functional enough to work most of the day, some tinnitus in the afternoon, strongest I’ve ever experienced although still probably mild, some strange pains in my head near the bottom of my ear, headache again in the evening, last dose at 5 PM, I’m done, I give up !!
- Thursday, February 13: first day off round – better energy than expected, took lots of extra lipo-c and 600 mg extra sunflower lecithin, 200 mg extra magnesium or so. Very warm in the afternoon and evening – methylation cranking up, must be from lecithin. Very dry lips in evening. slept poorly and woke too warm and after nightmare, all typical methylation symptoms.
Round 21 (5.5 days) – 37.5 mg ALA and 50 mg DMSA every two hours, total chelation days to date: 89
- Thursday, January 23: Energy surge in the morning lasting most of the day, with some brain fog and slow thinking. Strong frontal headache starting around 5 PM. Dry sensitive lips. Feels like a relatively average pattern but better than December rounds. Was able to nap.
- Friday, January 24: still energetic and productive all day, fairly clearheaded, still cramping, eating a little less than normal? overall very few side effects, no moodiness, no headache just a hint around dinner time, no aches and pains. Very light nap
- Saturday, January 25: feeling much more relaxed today where energy surge is balanced by sleep loss, still very functional and in good mood, slept deeply during my nap, warm in the evening.
- Sunday, January 26: still working all day, exercised in the morning, able to nap but wiped out after 3 PM – exercise bad idea!
- Monday, January 27: drove kids to school in the snow, wanted to nap afterwards but unable, worked all day, wired and exhausted but happy about being wired, no moodiness or other side effects, still ongoing cramping.
- Tuesday, January 28: still working but very slow and muggy headed in afternoon while shopping, unable to nap, chapped lips, skin and hair very dry all week, still cramping, last dose at 5 PM.
- Wednesday, January 29: better energy and clarity than expected today during redistribution!! Unable to nap, worked all day.
Round 20 (5 days) – 60 mg ALA every 2 hours, total chelation days to date: 83.5
- Sunday, December 22: No energy surge this time, big disappointment. Although I stayed active, ALA increased my fatigue and gave me mild headache along with slow thinking. Maybe because I started this round without a good night sleep before… Lips are dry and cracking as usual. Because the kids are home it’s noisy and more demands on my energy – started feeling overwhelmed around 4 PM. Probably not a good idea to start rounds on weekends.
- Monday, December 23: Very mild headache, feeling thick, dull and slow. Would you call that muggy-headed?
- Tuesday, December 24: Slept deeper last night and woke up feeling more clearheaded today. No headaches at all just slow and mildly fatigued. Thinking I probably need to increase my ALA dose next month. Unable to sleep at night until 2:30 AM because of a timing problem related to it being Christmas Eve.
- Wednesday, December 25: continued to chelate in spite of insomnia and sleep deprivation. Napped after breakfast. slept so deeply that night that I missed a chelator dose and took the next dose without realizing that I had missed the previous giving me an interval of 5 1/2 hours between doses, oops!! Still, no noticeable side effects from this.
- Thursday, December 26: Have recovered from sleep deprivation which is a great relief. Also took along deep nap after lunch. just read this interesting post where Andy talks about high versus low chelator doses, a good reminder not to push too hard.
- Friday, December 27: Decided to end my round 10 hours early at 7 AM today. It has been a hard round and hard month. 12 chelation days per month may be too much for me. I’m slow and fatigued, got a 30 minute nap and having trouble waking up and clearing my brain. Almost feels like I have a mild headache.
Round 19 (4.5 days) – 25 mg ALA & 50 mg DMSA every 2 hours, total chelation days to date: 78.5
- Monday, December 9: This is the first time I’ve done 50 mg DMSA every two hours. Started with 9 AM dose after sleeping very well last night. a mild headache for an hour or two after first dose. Reasonably good energy which led me to run a couple earns but very slow mentally, slower then when I use ALA only. Slept reasonably well, woken by first and second alarm ( I never sleep through to the third).
- Tuesday December 10th: An unremarkable day. Enough energy to be productive but enough apathy to prefer doing nothing… a little bit of frontal pressure in the head. Still, this feels better than the 25 mg ALA / 25 mg DMSA round that I did as I seem to have a little more energy. May want to try 50 mg ALA with my 50 mg DMSA next time in January…
- Wednesday, December 11: Mentally slow in the morning. Slow and fatigued in the afternoon. Exhausted and wanting to quit this round in early evening but feeling remarkably better around bedtime.
- Thursday, December 12: Mentally slow in the morning. Slow and fatigued in the afternoon – strong sleep debt. Remaining mostly productive but feeling crappy on this round most of the time. Really don’t like DMSA, wish I could quit this round already.
- Friday, December 13: Very happy to be ending the round this evening. a little bit of headache/frontal pressure in the morning. Increased DHEA by 5 mg because I ran out of 10 mg pills which I was previously dividing between breakfast and lunch. So today I took a 25 mg at breakfast. Pulse and blood pressure have been low during this round as usual.
- Saturday, December 14:
Round 18 (8.5 days) – 60 mg ALA every 2 hours, total chelation days to date: 74
- Monday, November 25: Started this round 11 AM after getting some important work done. I thought I had tried ALA only once before but after lots of digging it appears this is my first round without any DMSA. I’m excited to try something new! First dose gave me a nice energy surge. This comes as a relief because yesterday my energy was so low I was worried. The background: I had a migraine for three days triggered by switching from a dry vitamin D, to an olive oil-based D3. , worried that maybe the my fish oil had some unreported vitamin D in it so I switched to flax oil. That day my energy was very low, but I’m also in the process of tapering down isocort so I don’t know what the cause was. Anyway, migraine is gone and today I’m back on fish oil and increased befotiamine by 150mg to 300 mg. Tremendous energy surge lasted all day long – ran loads of errands in the afternoon and evening. Slept well to first alarm, woke early before the second alarm and took second dose early but forgot to turn the alarm off. Slept lightly and poorly for the second half of the night. This was my intended schedule: 11:15 PM – 2:15 AM – 4:45 AM – 7:00 AM – 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Tuesday, November 26: Feeling mildly energetic in spite of sleep loss.
- Wednesday, November 27: Jittery and exhausted – feeling like giving up in the afternoon and evening, on the verge of saying this is too intense, I’m done.
- Thursday, November 28: Slow and fatigued in the morning and feeling better and more relaxed in the afternoon. Have broken through to the other side! Switched from Isocort to HC (12.5 mg) after tapering down to 5 pellets.
- Friday, November 29: Some euphoria and emotional in the morning on the drive to Frisco. Continued chelation and all supplements while tubing, awesome!! Exhausted in the afternoon. Felt onset of migraine but may have stocked it with cold headband, ibuprofen and ACV.
- Saturday, November 30: Feeling worn down and headache all afternoon after getting tired out by family activity. increased SAMe by 200mg to 800mg total. heartburn at night resulting in poor sleep.
- Sunday, December 1: Slow, fatigued in the morning from bad night, unable to nap because of some stressful situations. Oddly enough feeling somewhat energetic and better than I should in the afternoon. Inclined my bed 6 inches at the head. Slept well finally.
- Monday, December 2: Somewhat fatigued in the morning. Restarted DHEA with 10 mg at breakfast hoping it will raise my low blood pressure.
- Tuesday, December 3: Generally worn down but still productive, unable to nap, exhausted in the evening. no headache or other noticeable effects other than fatigue after last dose.
- Wednesday, December 4 (off-round): Fatigued but still getting a nice pickup from supplements and feeling productive.
Round 17 (4.5 days) – 25 mg DMSA, 25 mg ALA every 2 hours , total chelation days to date: 65.5
- Monday, November 4: Started at 7 AM but haven’t slept well for two nights so my ability to sense impact of chelation very diminished… Got a good nap. Mild headache around dinner time, exhausted in evening. longer night doses: 2′ 45″, 2′ 45″, and 2’30”.
- Tuesday, November 5: Woke up feeling a little rough so I think I will try shorter night doses tonight. By 11am feeling rocked by poor sleep. First night on 2 hour intervals.
- Wednesday, November 6: Slept through my first alarm last night but fortunately woken by wife and daughter. Woke up feeling a little better in spite of two hour intervals. Still, same pattern repeated today, functional until around 11 AM. Lips are dry and cracking even with constant Chapstick application. Again, feeling much better after nap. Second night on 2 hour intervals.
- Thursday, November 7: Woke up very early and attended an all morning business meeting – that wasn’t smart! but I survived it. Third night on 2 hour intervals.
- Friday, November 8: After three nights one two hour intervals I think I can say it’s not working well enough for me. Going to try 2’30” tonight using: 11:15 PM – 1:45 AM – 4:15 AM – 6:45 AM – 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Saturday, November 9 (off round): I missed my 1:45 AM dose and ended the round. I had almost no redistribution effects on Saturday, presumably because my doses were low in this round.
- Sunday, November 10: Felt a little slower than usual on Sunday, possibly from adding 5htp and Gaba-R for sleep or maybe because my redistribution was delayed for the first time.
Round 16 (5.5 days) – 25 mg DMSA, 60 mg ALA every 2.5 hours (switched to 25 mg DMSA 50 mg ALA every 2 hours), total chelation days to date: 61
- Monday, August 26: started morning with unusually good energy and mental clarity, I’m boosting my magnesium to 2 g today, felt a headache coming around lunchtime, but it never arrived! feeling much better than I expected today… didn’t sleep well because I tried taking magnesium with my 2:30 AM dose and then woke after just one hour.
- Tuesday, August 27: kind of an average day because I didn’t sleep well Monday night. Increased fish oil at my 2:30 AM dose and got heartburn – another night of poor sleep.
- Wednesday, August 28: first SAMe – feeling increase in methylation, pretty good energy again despite sleeping poorly previous two nights. Napped very easily and deeply. Switching to lithium orotate from aspartate, moving 500 mg vitamin C from dinner to 7 AM. Slept deeply during first two stretches.
- Thursday, August 29: tried taking 200 mg magnesium at 5:30 AM and slept very lightly after that, decided not to take any magnesium at night. An unusual amount of brain fog in the morning but cleared up with exercise. Switched to 50 mg ALA every two hours. Still struggling with proximal hamstring tendinopathy – tried jumping jacks instead of elliptical today.
- Friday, August 30: difficult day because of poor sleep previous night, frontal headache after 9 PM, exhausted at end of day.
- Saturday, August 31: felt really bad in the morning until 10 AM or so, took girls to riding lesson, napped deeply, last ALA at 3 PM, last DMSA 11 PM.
- Sunday, September 1: total apathy all day long, just wanted to watch TV, heavy fatigue and feeling cold all day, very disappointing redistribution day – wondering can I really make it through chelation.
- Monday, September 2: feeling much better!
Round 15 (6.5 days) – 25 mg DMSA, 60 mg ALA every 2.5 hours, total chelation days to date: 55.5
- Monday, August 5: started round at 5 AM and got normal first day headache starting around noon.
- Tuesday, August 6: slow thinking/mild confusion in the afternoon, woke before alarm from heartburn.
- Wednesday, August 7: some intermittent feelings of well-being, slow thinking/mild confusion in the afternoon, slight headache after being late on a dose 15 minutes, woke before alarm from heartburn.
- Thursday, August 8: added 250 mg TMG at early-dinner, slow thinking/mild confusion in the afternoon, mild headaches on and off, very hungry in the afternoon on, a little bit of heartburn when first nighttime alarm rang.
- Friday, August 9: increased fish oil by 63 mg of omega-3, added 250 mg of TMG for a total of 1000 split between lunch and breakfast, some anxiety in the morning around 930 AM, slow thinking/mild confusion in the afternoon, very warm at bedtime and headache.
- Saturday, August 10: added 1 mg tablet ADB 12, added 250 mcg b12 for a total of 1.5 mg, feeling better today, fewer headaches, slow thinking/mild confusion in the afternoon, warm at bedtime and a little too much energy, teeth chattering – difficulty falling asleep.
- Sunday, August 11: no headaches, feeling better than expected in the afternoon, even had thoughts of continuing the round.
- Monday, August 12: slow thinking/mild confusion in the afternoon
Round 14 (11.5 days) – 50 mg DMSA, 50 mg ALA every 3 hours, total chelation days to date: 49
- Sunday, July 14: started at 8 PM, frontal headache and a little emotional by 10 PM
- Monday, July 15: not very productive day work wise, not feeling the confusion but some apathy, probably from not sleeping well. A little bit of head pressure. temperature down a bit. less hunger than normal, not snacking much.
- Tuesday, July 16: sprints at 9 AM, about an hour earlier than normal and was very tight, difficult to complete because of pain in feet. Slow thinking. Less hunger than normal, snacking very little. Barefoot walk before dinner. A little difficulty falling asleep, but then slept well.
- Wednesday, July 17: started taking CoQ10 with 10 mg at breakfast and lunch. A little fatigued this morning and still tight during sprints. Almost didn’t feel like napping after lunch (unusual, CoQ10?) but did anyway and dozed lightly.
- Thursday, July 18: added 10 mg CoQ10, mild confusion and apathy
- Friday, July 19: mild confusion and apathy
- Saturday, July 20: increased B12 by 250 µg to 1 mg, used 10 g D-Ribose horseback riding (twice as much as normal) to good effect, mild confusion and apathy
- Sunday, July 21: increased vitamin C from 4 g to 5 g, increased fish oil by 77 mg to 569 mg omega-3, fatigued from Saturday, mild confusion and apathy, headache from 8 PM until bedtime (vit D?), a little trouble falling asleep but slept well.
- Monday, July 22:increased B12 by 250 µg to 1.25 mg, mild confusion and apathy
- Tuesday, July 23 – Friday, July 26: mild confusion and apathy, pretty minimal side effects with the exception that I slept very lightly and had trouble falling asleep several nights. Considered that it might have been due to a stressful week at work, or from the aspartate in my lithium which I was taking near bedtime, or from the increase in vitamin C. However, on Friday I took my last ALA at 2 PM and after dinner I was feeling much more relaxed than I had for a week. So maybe the ALA was involved also. Don’t really have a way to know because I also rearranged my supplement schedule with the lithium in the morning and no vitamin C after 4 PM… Anyhow, I’m sure I’m ready for a chelator dose increase or frequency increase.
- Saturday, July 27 (off-round): slept deeply at midday nap – first time in many many days which leads me to believe that the trouble I had sleeping last week was mostly related to doing an extended round (chelators) and not related to support supplements. Added 500 mg TMG. Slight headache a few hours later…
Round 13 (6.5 days) – 50 mg DMSA, 50 mg ALA every 3 hours – first long round, total chelation days to date: 37.5
- Monday, July 1: starting off a little handicapped as I didn’t sleep well due to a vitamin D headache. Three sprints at level 11 right after breakfast. Received my hair test results, ouch, I’m sick.
- Tuesday, July 2: headache from vitamin D still fading. Goes away after I eat. Traumatic day analyzing and understanding high copper and bad calcium magnesium ratio on hair test. Mixed 50 mg p5p with magnesium water and didn’t notice the usual grogginess from it. Felt pretty good after dinner. Took my last cortisol and B12 after dinner, unusually late. Slept well.
- Wednesday, July 3: decided to try Andy’s recommendation for B6 – going to take 50 mg P5 P with each meal. Feeling a little slow after breakfast but not too bad. Lots of diarrhea after failed attempts to increase magnesium.
- Thursday, July 4: slept deeply again last night in between alarms, but did not fall back to sleep after the second alarm. decided to extend this round. Got moody for a while after lunch. Mostly brain fog from B6 (p5p). Delighted to see my temperature rising again. Lots of diarrhea after failed attempts to increase magnesium.
- Friday, July 5: increased omega-3 from fish oil by 63 mg to try to counteract fogginess from the B6. Want to try to go seven days chelating. Started applying magnesium oil. Some extra fatigue today but certainly from not sleeping well Thursday.
- Saturday, July 6: very active day, first day applying magnesium oil twice, switch from magnesium citrate to magnesium glycinate, very high-energy despite loss of sleep, feeling very warm, enjoyed horseback ride tremendously, good body temperatures.
- Sunday, July 7: tired from yesterday and little sleep, a little constipated – need more magnesium, drank a lot more water today.
- Monday, July 8: first day off-round, fatigued but better energy than expected (able to work productively) considering how long this round was, could not sleep because of work project and took Lunesta 2 mg.
Round 12 (2.5 days) – 50 mg DMSA, 50 mg ALA every 3 hours after 30 days off chelation, total chelation days to date: 31
- Monday, June 24: a little surge of energy in the early morning, a little emotional in the afternoon after doing my first 60 second workout. some lightheadness in afternoon & evening. woke from nightmare after only 1.5 hrs sleep (very unusual). first 60 sec run on treadmill at pace 6. increased carnitine by 333 mg to a total of 1.2 g.
- Tuesday, June 25: second 60 sec run on treadmill using 30 sec intervals on level 8. Frontal headache in the evening. Sharp pains around the ribs when I woke in the morning. increased milk thistle by one capsule to a total of three. Jaw/face tension after dinner.
- Wednesday, June 26: ran at 10 AM on treadmill – 3 30 second intervals at level 9. Difficulty napping after lunch: maybe too much vitamin C too early in the day. Strong lightheadedness starting at 2 PM when I took my carnitine and DMSA/ALA dose at exactly the same time. Mostly faded by 4:30 PM. My recollection is that Freddd says ALA is one of the supporting supplements for methylation. Maybe that’s the explanation. Increased evening dose of iodine by 3 mg.
- Thursday, June 27 (first day off-round): My last dose was 11 PM on Wednesday so naturally I didn’t sleep very well. Even so, this round was relatively easy having gone back to comfortable dosing at 50mg/50mg. Today I’m a little slow and fatigued but much better than I was on the rounds when I was increasing dosage above 50mg.
Round 11 (2.5 days) – 50 mg DMSA, 75 mg ALA every 3 hours, total chelation days to date: 28.5
- Monday, May 27: new brand of ALA (Source Naturals), started with 62.5 mg ALA . Hard day, my body knows whenever I increase the dosage even when it is a measly 12.5 mg! feeling slow and thick, pressure in the head as if I were about to get a headache.
- Tuesday, May 28: Accidentally increased to 75 mg ALA, so I will stick with it. feeling better than yesterday even though I increased the dose. maybe this is a good trick for dose increases? Still slow mentally, difficult to work.
- Wednesday, May 29: Hard day, hard crashes in the afternoon and early evening before each dose.
- Thursday, May 30 (first day off-round): Crushing fatigue, slow thinking. Naps after breakfast and lunch. Increased cortisol to 10 pellets. Started carnitine at 125 mg after first nap at 9 AM.
Round 10 (2.5 days) – 50 mg DMSA, 50 mg ALA every 3 hours (back where I started), total chelation days to date: 26
- Monday, May 20: woke at 5 AM for the first time on day one to extend my round for three hours without impacting my sleep too much. added an additional 1/8 vitamin C and 1/8 teaspoon magnesium. No headache but considerable fatigue from busy weekend, poor sleep and possibly from increased magnesium.
- Tuesday, May 21: mostly smooth ride, fairly active, needed nap, exhausted in the evening.
- Wednesday, May 22: mostly smooth ride, fairly active, needed nap, exhausted in the evening. Woke up with pins and needles around my torso the next morning (of my first off around day).
- Extended round by 3 hours by waking at 5 am on Mon for first dose.
- 5 am, 8 am, 11am, 2 pm, 5 pm, 8 pm, 11 pm, 2 am etc for 22 total doses.
- Added Argenine 3 g on Friday.
Round 9 (2.5 days) – 75 mg DMSA, 25 mg ALA every 3 hours, total chelation days to date: 23.5
- Monday, May 13: added 1500 mg pantothenic acid. Have switched from country life to source naturals dibencozide and reduced to 1/8 tablet. Significant increase in energy today but headache all afternoon. Using GABA Relaxer for sleep in addition to 25 mg 5-HTP.
- Tuesday, May 14: some headache, sleep deprived, hard crash in afternoon, very warm in evening. Hard hard day.
- Wednesday, May 15: switched from dry-E to NOW gamma complex. Surprising amount of energy in afternoon.
Round 8 (2.5 days) – 75 mg DMSA every 3 hours, total chelation days to date: 21
- Monday, May 6: still lightheaded from methylation supplements which I have decreased down to crumbs and added 3 mg dibencozide. Using niacin to knock down the methylation startup symptoms. Iodine is now up to 12.5 mg.
- Tuesday, May 7: fatigued until after breakfast then feeling unusually balanced. Tired in evening.
- Wednesday, May 8: lightheaded in afternoon and evening.
Round 7 (2.5 days) – 75 mg DMSA every 4 hours, total chelation days to date: 18.5
- Monday, April 29: increased to 4 mg methyl B12 and 3.2 mg metafolin. Very active day. Iodine bumped up to 10 mg.
- Tuesday, April 30: another very active day and exhausted at the end.
- Wednesday, May 1: increasing zinc to 75 mg, another very active day, wiped out at the end. Used 50 mg 5HTP at bedtime.
- Thursday, May 2 (off): increased methyl B12 to 5 mg and became very lightheaded in the afternoon.
Round 6 (2.5 days) – 50 mg DMSA, 50 mg ALA every 3 hours, total chelation days to date: 16
- Monday, April 22: feeling accelerated with headache in early-morning.
- Tuesday, April 23: starting methyl B12 titration with 2 mg methyl and 1.6 mg methyl folate. Stronger fatigue than normal between three and 4:30 PM. A little more energy than normal in the evening.
- Wednesday, April 24: a pretty good day, less frequent urination, less hunger, starting probiotics.
- Thursday, April 25 (off): very fatigued until two or 3 PM, pretty good after that
Round 5 (2.5 days) – 50 mg DMSA, 50 mg ALA every 2 hour 24 minutes, total chelation days to date: 13.5
- Monday, April 15: headache in afternoon. Three days ago I started taking potassium iodide at about 15 mg.
- Tuesday, April 16: started selenium and increased magnesium and vitamin E, mild headache after dinner. All things considered fatigue is not so bad.
- Wednesday, April 17: switched to Iodoral. Wiped out with fatigue, feeling fragile and moody.
- Thursday, April 18 (off): very tired but relaxed, omega-3 insomnia
Round 4 (2.5 days) – 50 mg DMSA, 50 mg ALA every 3 hours, total chelation days to date: 11
- Monday, April 8: feeling tired and accelerated all day… still wiped out after 4 saunas last week.
- Tuesday, April 9: added vitamin A, lots of energy, headache in the evening.
- Wednesday, April 10: sledding, headache possibly from vitamin D?
- Thursday, April 11 (off): fatigued and slow all day
Round 3 (2.5 days) – 50 mg DMSA, 50 mg ALA every 3 hours, total chelation days to date: 8.5
- Monday, April 1: forgot to set alarm and went 5.5 hours between doses, kept going
- Tuesday, April 2: first sauna, added potassium, started lemon with baking soda
- Wednesday, April 3: second sauna
- Thursday, April 4 (off): EO, nap, sauna, exhausted
Round 2 (2.5 days) – 50 mg DMSA, 50 mg ALA every 3 hours, total chelation days to date: 6
- Monday, March 25: felt accelerated all day. Started adding essential supplements.
- Tuesday, March 26: fatigued from waking for night doses last night. Vivid dreams this night (first time I’ve experienced this). Also had too much urine at night.
- Wednesday, March 27: received urine-challenge test results
- Thursday, March 28: off-round
Round 1 (3.5 days) urine challenge test converted to first-round, 50 mg DMSA, 50 mg ALA every 3 hours
- Sunday, March 17, 2013: 75 mg DMSA x 3 and 100 mg DMSA x 2 (this was a doctor prescribed challenge test). Highly unusual mental clarity and energy 15 minutes after first dose before breakfast – only lasted 30 minutes. Headache all afternoon until bedtime.
- Monday, March 18: 250 mg DMSA and then 50 mg DMSA plus 50 mg ALA every three hours starting at 3 PM after the challenge test ended. Much better day, no headaches.
- Tuesday, March 19: 50 mg DMSA and 50 mg ALA every 3 hours. Slow, foggy fatigued and moody.
- Wednesday, March 20: 50 mg DMSA and 50 mg ALA every 3 hours. Less fatigued, upbeat.
- Thursday, March 21 (off-round): fatigued and very moody!