In December I was like the walking dead but I’m back in the land of the living after increasing my hydrocortisone and taking a 3 1/2 week break from chelation. I read a lot of war books because when I read about the atrocities happening to innocent 18-year-old kids, I feel lucky to be alive, no matter what physical state. It reminds me that lady luck is really the master of all – in health or in business, she rules.
In round 21, I was delighted to experience the old energy surge from chelation again. It was unexpected because of my experience in December. From this I learned not to start a round if I’m not feeling relatively fresh. I think it’s important for me to have a few nights of good sleep under my belt when starting a round. Also believe that hydrocortisone is a linchpin for me. No doubt in my mind I need it to get through chelation.
One particularly exciting note – round 21 was an increase in total chelator dose for me but I still experienced almost no moodiness or depression.
So now I feel little bit like I’m driving a tank again, slow and steady, guns blazing at the enemy. Today, I’m starting round 22 with 75 mg of ALA only, every two hours.
Oh, and I’ve been off Facebook all year so far!
Round 21 (5.5 days) – 37.5 mg ALA and 50 mg DMSA every two hours, total chelation days to date: 89
- Thursday, January 23: Energy surge in the morning lasting most of the day, with some brain fog and slow thinking. Strong frontal headache starting around 5 PM. Dry sensitive lips. Feels like a relatively average pattern but better than December rounds. Was able to nap.
- Friday, January 24: still energetic and productive all day, fairly clearheaded, still cramping, eating a little less than normal? overall very few side effects, no moodiness, no headache just a hint around dinner time, no aches and pains. Very light nap
- Saturday, January 25: feeling much more relaxed today where energy surge is balanced by sleep loss, still very functional and in good mood, slept deeply during my nap, warm in the evening.
- Sunday, January 26: still working all day, exercised in the morning, able to nap but wiped out after 3 PM – exercise bad idea!
- Monday, January 27: drove kids to school in the snow, wanted to nap afterwards but unable, worked all day, wired and exhausted but happy about being wired, no moodiness or other side effects, still ongoing cramping.
- Tuesday, January 28: still working but very slow and muggy headed in afternoon while shopping, unable to nap, chapped lips, skin and hair very dry all week, still cramping, last dose at 5 PM.
- Wednesday, January 29: better energy and clarity than expected today during redistribution!! Unable to nap, worked all day.